Specialist Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Service from Qld Health (SMHIDS)Qld Health provides a state-wide specialist team of Psychiatrists, a Psychiatric Registrar and Clinical Nurse Consultants. The criteria for referral is that the individual must be 18 or over and have a diagnosed intellectual disability, but may also have mental health issues, challenging behaviours, an ABI, FASD and/or other cognitive impairments. Referrals can be received from GPs, and mental health teams. This service is not an acute or treating team, but a consultation / liaison team.
Download the SMHIDS Referral Form
A link for online access to SMHIDS is coming soon.
Mater Intellectual Disability and Autism Service (MIDAS) – (formerly QCIDD)MIDAS is a state-wide service which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of adults with intellectual and neurodevelopmental disabilities through clinical practice, education and research. See their website www.materonline.org.au
- Dual Diagnosis Research (Intellectual and Mental Health)
- Dual Diagnosis Research (Intellectual and Autism)
Legal HelpQAI Human Rights Service can offer help with:
- Restrictive practices including the use of seclusion, containment and chemical, mechanical and/or physical restraint;
- Guardianship and administration;
- Forensic Orders and Forensic Orders- Disability;
- Health care and life sustaining measures;
- Abuse/neglect and serious injury of people with disabilities.